- 260 hours of theoretical training
- A minimum 160 hours of practical training
- Annual refresher training and recertification within specific disciplines
Projects aiming to increase chance of survival
In addition to providing EMS to the local population of South-Tyrol, Weisses Kreuz is also concerned with the millions of tourists who visit the area every year. A sincere ambition to promote safety and improve clinical outcomes spurred the organization to launch the following project:
- Dissemination of CPR training in the population and
- Dissemination of First Aid knowledge
To encourage more people in the general population to gain First Aid knowledge, Weisses Kreuz introduced a free-of-charge smart First Aid guide for the iPhone and/or iPod Touch. The application, also compatible with other smart-phones, comes in German, Italian and English. So far the application has been downloaded more than 250 000 times worldwide.